September 26-27, 2015WEST POTOMAC PARKWashington, DC
Seven Seconds of Miguel
Just when you thought the lineup for Landmark Festival couldn’t get any better, we decided to up the ante with Miguel. He’s an edgy R&B singer/songwriter who has blown our minds with his eclectic style. And lucky for you, his new album, Wildheart, comes out June 29th.
Let’s take a few secs to remind ourselves why we are all heart emoji for Miguel.
1. Miguel originally planned on being a dancer.
2. He has worked with Mariah Carey, Usher, Mary J. Blige, and Janelle Monae. His single “#Beautiful” with Mariah Carey became Miguel’s 3rd million-seller in the US.
3. Before his own massive success and Grammy Award win, Miguel toured as a supporting act for Trey Songz and Usher.
4. In 2013, Miguel was named one of Time Magazine’s Most Influential People In The World.
5. Right now on his Tumblr, Miguel has posted polaroids that walk you through the making of his sexy new video for “Coffee.”
6. Even the ‘Orange Is The New Black’ inmates need some Miguel in their lives. Alex made Piper a mixtape with a song of his on it.
7. And have you seen the poster for his new tour? It’s pretty uh-mazing (and we’re stoked to be one of the stops).
The lineup for the inaugural Landmark Festival just keeps getting better. Brooklyn-based TV On The Radio will be performing their innovative and experimental sounds this September in West Potomac Park. Here are five facts about this revolutionary band. 1. The album art for TVOTR’s latest album Seeds moves. 2. Lead singer Tunde Adepimpe appeared alongside […]
Don't miss a beat. Get news, updates and more from Landmark and The Cause.